Monday, September 13, 2010

Signs of the time

This past weekend was spent experiencing the weather of fall...from really hot sunshiney days to cold and dreary wet days. I got to spend most of my weekend outdoors taking in Abbey's soccer games....come to think of it, this is another sign of autumn, the end of outdoor soccer. I am happy to report the following indicators of the upcoming season:


The rubber boots have resurfaced after a long summer of not requiring their services.



Our front porch displaying one long season of driftwood collecting and gourd growing.


My favorite pot reclaiming it's rightful place on top of the stove. Cooking up the piles of tomatoes and zucchini loitering in my fridge, and turning them into soup. (Minestrone Soup from the classic Moosewood Cookbook)


Finally, the most sure sign of all....Marshmallow, one of our cats getting cozy on the couch for her days instead of racing to get out the door not to be seen until the dark of night.

Happy day to you.

2 comments:

  1. My shift-into-fall moment came tonight when Violet requested her pink velour hooded nightie that I put away in July because it was too hot...now it's perfect for the cool nights! Love your tribute to the shift!

    ReplyDelete