Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Horse love

While I spent a seemingly endless amount of time at my grandparent's farm while younger, my children have not been immersed in the country living lifestyle I had hoped they would. We are lucky enough to live in a city that has a large farm in it's centre (Canadian Experimental Farm), however, trips to the "farm" always leave me feeling a bit saddened that that is most children's farm experience. Contact with the animals is quite restricted and the fact that it is called the "experimental" farm leaves me wondering what they experiment with.
On the journey to our weekend in the country I found myself wondering whether the girls would be bored...skittish around animals...afraid to get dirty, the list went on and on. My worried thoughts mostly applied to Raine who is 13 and has spent pretty much all her life in the city. Turns out she was just as filled willing to jump into the moment as Hazel and the adults. She fed the horses, walked through the fields with the dogs, picked veggies and loved every moment of the day with camera in hand. What a happy mama I am. And a lucky one to boot.
Here are some of her horse shots.



1 comment:

  1. Gorgeous pictures! Love Hazel's hat...very "country"! Children "remember" their rural routes even if they grew up in the city...wonderful experience.

    ReplyDelete