Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Bedtime in Hazel's tent



I was in a bit of a bedtime song rut. I found myself always singing the same tunes - Lovely Moon, Twinkle twinkle Little star interspersed with Silent Night or You are my sunshine. Then, one night we strayed. We improvised and were spontaneous and it turned into a wonderful new bedtime ritual. It goes a little something like this:

*climb into bed and get comfy,
*blurt out a word that will be the subject of a song (I usually say the first word that comes into my head once on the pillow),
*make up a song using that word as your subject,
*repeat however many times it takes to take the last bits of energy out of a girl who should have been in bed half an hour ago,
*plant a kiss on that sweet one's head and exit the room....or sleep on.

Golden slumbers.
Karen

1 comment:

  1. How sweet...Hazel must love her tent bed! Our favourites are "All the Pretty Little Horses" (for Violet), "Evergreen" for Jude (the old Roy Orbison version, not the Barbara Streisand one!), and "Ride a Cock Horse" for Margot...precious times...someday they'll not want songs and cuddles before bed...but not too soon, I hope.

    ReplyDelete