Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Slow down or you'll miss it



I was reminded (yet again) that I really must heed the above-mentioned advice. As I secretly watched for a few seconds, my biggest girl was hard at work at her first "on the payroll" kind of job. It was one of those moments where I was torn between tears and smiles and ended up doing both. On the one hand I am so proud of her for being brave and confident in taking that step. On the other, it is another step in her journey to independence. While standing there thinking about her life and our lives, the reality of that last fact hit me like a tonne of bricks...she is well and truly on her way, and I don't think I could feel more proud or excited for her. The next time I start to feel a bit like a cab driver I hope I can remember that.

Karen

No comments:

Post a Comment