Monday, July 12, 2010

Goodbye city life - Part 1

We were lucky enough to be invited to spend a whole weekend at a cottage by a lake. And after the crazy hot week we just survived (yes, survived is an accurate description!) the vacation could not have been more opportune. It could have rained the whole time and that would have been fine with me. But, the fates saw fit to grant us a perfectly perfect summer weekend...full of swimming, relaxing and delicious marshmallows.


A silhouette of a girl enjoying her first roasted marshmallow....ever. Crazy, I know. Bad, bad parents.


Papa - the man with a metabolism to die for, double fisting it.


Two big sisters mushing up the uncooked marshmallows into something they like to call "ghost gum"...not sure where this comes from. Far be it for me to question the brains of teenagers.



I think someone could do a study on personality types and how they cook their marshmallows. From raw to charred. What does this say about a person?

2 comments:

  1. Oh, my goodness. My best friend and I used to make "ghosty gum" when we were teenagers! Haven't thought of it in years...it gets an amazing silky texture. I always wonder about things like this...skipping songs, cat's cradle, and dirty jokes that kids just pass on and on...funny! Gorgeous photos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful weekend away!!! I like my marshmellows char broiled!!!
    xo maureen

    ReplyDelete