Sunday, August 29, 2010

Busy bee

Here we find ourselves...on the verge of seasonal changes. I have been busy getting organized for my upcoming fall classes that will be run at Wabi-Sabi. Thankfully the samples are mostly done now that the crazy heat has returned...nothing like working with felted wool when its hot!

A bodum cozy....a necessity in the days to come, because the heat will not be around to keep the coffee warm. Especially in an old, leaky home like ours. Come to think of it, maybe we could insulate our attic with all the wool blankets stashed throughout the house. I'll get back to you on that one. Maybe a course for next year (Heehee).


A mobile....possibly my favorite thing to make in the whole world. I do realize that I say that a whole lot, but this time I mean it. I love them. Their simplicity, their color, their texture....the whole shebang.


What is going on in your homes these days....is there a hint of fall anywhere?

4 comments:

  1. Love your bodum cozy! And the mobile is just lovely too! I've been wanting to take a class at Wabi Sabi for some time...I work every time they offer their beginners spinning class, (that's the one I desperately want)!
    someday...
    xo maureen

    ReplyDelete
  2. We're busy creating Autumn nature table items for an exchange with friends (one of them commented above!)...that mobile is to die for and will certainly go on my to-do list for all babies in my life! Beautiful! Great cozy, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I prefer to pretend summer will last forever, even though the tree across the street is already turning! I should be finishing a pair of too big for my baby booties tonight though!

    ReplyDelete