Wednesday, August 11, 2010

The first of it's kind



A few days back...actually, I guess it is now a few weeks back, I mentioned the H word. HOLIDAYS.
I have jumped into the making of gifts whole-heartedly, including a gift for myself. That's okay isn't it?!
Not only is this a first in the knitting department, but also that I am actually making something for me and only me.
And it feels great...not the least bit scroogish.
My greatest knitting achievement of the past year was to master knitting in the round, so I made a few hats for various little ones in my life. Then I attempted to learn how to make socks, and let me tell you that it was the most mortifying thing I have done in awhile...walking out of the class because I just couldn't wrap my head around it. So, there I was needing something more than a hat but less than a pair of socks. Enter, the Tea Leaves cardigan by Madeleine Tosh, and a new shipment of Berocco Ultra Alpaca at my favorite local knitting store. And my knitting world is right again. HoHoHo.

3 comments:

  1. Ha! I have Tea Leaves on my computer and am trying to figure out how to bring it on this weekend's camping trip (we don't have a printer)...may just write it out by hand for heaven's sake! Mine will be a nice celery green tweed...I've had the yarn for years and it's TIME to make it into something I can wear.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooooh, I'd love to see how it comes along. I try to have people share their knitting projects on my blog every Friday, check it out, if you'd like! I'm working on my first cardigan, February Lady.

    http://plumslife.blogspot.com/2010/08/fibers-on-friday-february-lady-progress.html

    ReplyDelete